Valedictory Speech

Welcome dear parents, teachers and fellow graduates. As many of you know we are all here to celebrate our graduation at M.P.P.S.  It has been seven short years, ever day has seemed to pass very quickly in my eyes. We have all had many memories, but one that I especially remember is when I was I prep and tried introducing myself to Malia I said “hi me Fidelya you” because I didn’t know much English. I can say the first time I even stepped into the school grounds it was scary and nerve racking, but it turned out to be exciting. I started looking forward to every day. And the days have passed so quick we have all become the role models of the school in no time.

Look where we have achieved to be now, some off us started in prep and now we are the role models of the school, I mean look at us now.  When I first arrived at M.P.P.S my knowledge bank was empty like most of the others, all I knew was how to build a sand castle and make block buildings. But now I know a LOT more than I knew in prep. Some knowledge that I have gained, at this school is my communicating skills, myself conference and many more.

From Prep to Two I am sure the best day of the week for all of us were Friday, because of Friday Fun. In Friday fun we could do anything we wanted for the last period of every week. But when we got into year three and found out that there was no more Friday Fun. We all wished we were all back in grade two. We also loved the all the camps from Grade three to grade six. My favourite years, where the last three years, because of all the fun camps, excursions and incursions, such as science works, Aladdin, met challenge, etc.

There are so many talented people this year, just to list a few, Malia with her unseen gymnastics skills, Daphne with her amazing aikido, Ben Grey with his soccer skills and oden with his unreal skate boarding. We have grown up at M.P.P.S, and it feels much like home to us, it will be very hard for us to move on, but there comes a time in life where you just have to. So as Dr. Seuss says “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You‘re on your own. And you know what you know what you know. And YOU are the one who will decide where to go”. So let’s go and finish the seventh chapter and start writing  the eighth chapter.